If you want to delete your Epic Games account, you must remember that once you go through with this process, you can not reverse it. Ensure that you have thought of everything and made up your mind about deleting your account. When you delete your Epic Games account, all your purchases will be reversed, along with your in-game progress, and items associated with your Epic Games account. Let’s find out how you can do it.
How to Delete Your Epic Games Account: Things to Know
Before you go ahead and delete your Epic Games account, you should consider temporarily disabling it. Here’s how you can do it.
How do I temporarily disable my Epic Games account?
This is a temporary method for you to stop using your Epic Games account. If you decide to play at a later stage, you can just enable it again.
Once you disable your Epic Games account, these things will happen:
- You won’t be able to use any Epic Games products or services.
- Your disabled Epic Games account will remain connected to third-party platform accounts (GitHub, Nintendo, PlayStation Network, Twitch, Xbox).
To temporarily disable your account, follow these steps to contact Epic Games with your request.
- If you haven’t already done so, verify your Epic Games email address.
Note: If you have any platform accounts connected to the Epic Games account you want to disable, and you want to connect those platform accounts to a different Epic account, please disconnect those platform accounts from your Epic Games account.
- Click CONTACT US.
- Fill the CONTACT US form: Select Update Epic Games Account and fill in the reason why you want to disable your Epic Games account.
- Click SUBMIT.
Upon successful submission of this form, Epic Games will process your request and provide additional confirmation.
If you have decided that you don’t want to disable your account and want to delete it permanently, let’s check out the steps for that.
How to delete your Epic Games account?
To delete your account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Epic account via this link: https://www.epicgames.com/account
Upin logging in successfully, you will see a GENERAL INFO page .
- Scroll down to the DELETE ACCOUNT section and click the REQUEST ACCOUNT DELETE button.
An “Enter Security Code” pop-up window will be on your screen.
- Check your email inbox for a security code sent by Epic Games and enter it.
- Click CONFIRM DELETE REQUEST.
A pop-up window will ask you for the reason behind choosing to delete your Epic Games account.
- Choose from one of the options in the drop down menu and click CONTINUE.
An “Account Deletion Request Sent” pop-up window will show up as a confirmation of your submission.
15 seconds after the pop up is displayed, you will be automatically logged out of your account and your account will be disabled. The account will be permanently deleted from the Epic Games server in two weeks.
I’m trying to delete my Epic Games account and received an error message.
When you try to delete your Epic Games account, two types of errors can occur. Here’s how you can fix them both:
- Security Code Error
- Internal Service Error
Security Code Error
- If you receive the security code error shown below, re-enter the security code and try again.
- If you continue to receive this error, click on RESEND SECURITY CODE. This will send a new security code to your email ID.
Internal Service Error
- If you receive the internal service error shown below, this means that there is an issue on Epic Games’ side and they will probably be working to resolve it. Just check back after some time and try again.
- If you continue to receive the error, click CONTACT US and submit a support ticket.
How do I cancel my request to delete my Epic Games account?
Once you submit your deletion request, your Epic Games account will be deleted in two weeks. If you have a change of heart in that time and want to retrieve your account, here’s how you can do it.
To cancel your account deletion request, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Epic account here: https://www.epicgames.com/account.
- When you enter your email address and password, a pop-up window will appear. In case you don’t see a pop-up window, it means that your Epic Games account deletion request has been completed and sadly, you won’t be able to get it back.
- In case you see this pop up, just go ahead and click on REACTIVATE ACCOUNT and voila, you can start using your Epic Games account again.
So those were the steps needed to delete your Epic Games account (and some other things related to it). Hopefully, you have found the answers to all your queries on the matter.