This Minecraft guide is a tutorial on how to make paper in Minecraft with step-by-step instructions. In Minecraft, papers are an important basic item in your inventory, because they are used in so many important crafting recipes. Paper is one of those items that isn’t completely useful by itself but is the building block of so many different recipes that it’s necessary to know how to make it. Necessities like books, maps, bookshelves, and quite a few more items are created with paper. The crafting process will make exactly 3 papers at a time.
How to make paper in Minecraft: A Step-by-Step Guide(Pictures)
Paper is available in these versions of Minecraft below:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac) Java Edition (PC/Mac)
- Pocket Edition (PE) Pocket Edition (PE)
- Xbox 360 Xbox 360
- Xbox One Xbox One
- PS3 PS3
- PS4 PS4
- Wii U Wii U
- Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition Education Edition
Definitions to keep in mind:
- Platform: this is the platform that applies.
- Version(s): this is the Minecraft version number where the item can be found in the menu location listed (we have tested and confirmed this version number).
- Creative Menu Location: this is the location of the item within the Creative menu.
Things required to make Paper:
The items or materials needed to make a paper are:
- Crafting table
- Sugar cane
How to make Paper in Minecraft?
If you want to make paper, in the middle row of the crafting grid, simply place three sugar canes. After you complete making the paper, shift it to your inventory and you can start making many items such as banner patterns, maps, and books. Below is a step-by-step guide so that you can learn how to make a paper in Minecraft:
- To make paper, you first need to create a Crafting Table.
- The next step is to search for some sugar cane. To create one piece of paper, you will require 3 sugar cane.
- Sugar cane can be located anywhere around your Minecraft world as long as it is found next to the water. Sugar cane only grows surrounding rivers, lakes, and oceans in the game. This is simply because it needs a water source next to it.
- Ideally, you should collect the sugar cane you find and then go on to make a sugar cane farm from there, for ease and accessibility later.
- This block grows incredibly fast and can rise up to 4 blocks tall, so collecting enough for any project will not be a difficult task.
- Once you have garnered enough sugar cane, you can place down your crafting table to make paper in Minecraft.
Create a Crafting Table
Your first step is to open the crafting table GUI.
Place according to row
After that, you want to place three pieces of sugar cane along the length of one of the rows in the table.
This action will create the paper you need.
Paper is always made in multiple of three, which means that with the first craft you will get 3 pieces of paper to use, which is enough for a single book.
Command to use
Give this command for Paper in Minecraft: /give @p minecraft:paper 1
Learn how to craft Paper in Minecraft (Survival Mode)
Open the Crafting Menu
The first step is to open your crafting table so that you have the 3×3 crafting grid.
Add Items to make Paper
By now you should see a crafting area that is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid in the crafting menu.
To create paper, place 3 sugar canes in the 3×3 crafting grid.
When making paper in Minecraft, it is important that the sugar canes are placed in an exact pattern.
In the second row, there should be 3 sugar canes – which is the Minecraft crafting recipe for paper.
After you have filled the crafting area with the correct pattern, the 3 papers will appear in the box to the right.
Move the Paper to Inventory
After you have crafted papers, you need to shift the new items to your inventory.